Dual band outdoor wifi range extender Linksys RE6800. It has a high power amplifier built in to reduce the dead zone at your location. The Linksys RE6800 gives speeds of up to 600mbps. The unique capability of the Linksys RE6800 Setup allows it to repeat and extend its range up to a very long distance. That enables a router, repeater, and access point. We’ll talk you through setting up your RE6800 extender on this page.
How to set up a Linksys RE6800 extender via manual way?
- Set up your device after opening the box.
- Connect your device to the internet.
- Choose a browser.
- Type extender.linksys.com
- Connect your RE6800 to the outlet.
- Take out your smart smartphone.
- then type admin and your name.
- Tap to the login button.
That’s how your Linksys extender setup is complete.
WPS button configuration for the Linksys RE6800
WPS is the simplest method for Linksys RE6800 setup and the simplest way to expand your host network.
The following describes how to set up your Linksys RE6800 using WPS.
- First, put the extender close to the router.
- On the Linksys RE6800, turn it on.
- Watch for the LED to turn completely green.
- Your extension or router’s WPS button should be pressed.
- Wait for the LED green blinking light.
- Wait a few while for your extender to properly synchronize with your wireless home network.
Your Linksys RE6800 extender configuration is finally finished. Contact us by phoning or using the chat feature if you have any questions about your extender. Your Linksys extender will be configured with help of our tech professionals.
How to update Linksys RE6800 firmware?
Updates for your Linksys RE6800 extender’s firmware typically include functionality, improvement, and bug fixes.
Let’s follow the instructions to upgrade the firmware on your Linksys RE6800.
- Launch a web browser.
- Enter extender.linksys.com as the URL.
- Enter the default password.
- Click Login.
- The most recent Linksys RE6800 Setup firmware should then be uploaded.
- Tap the setup button after it’s finished.
- After a firmware update Your extender will reboot automatically.
Contact our tech support for any assistance or troubleshooting you require with your Linksys RE6800 extender if you are unsure how to upgrade the firmware.
Linksys RE6800 setup factory reset process
Following these instructions should allow you to reset your RE6800:
- Open your smart device first.
- Use cat5 cable to connect your device and router.
- Find the reset button on the RE6800’s rear.
- Press and hold the reset button for the reset process.
- Put a pointed pin into the reset button.
- For 8 to 10 seconds, hold it.
- Check to see if your RE6800’s LED is flashing right now.
You can reset your Linksys RE6800 extender using this method
- Enter the correct web address in the url bar.
- Don’t use damaged wires.
- Afterwards, you must finish setting the access point.
- start the internet browser
- extender.linksys.com should be entered. This serves as the main gateway for your Linksys RE6800 setup.
- Enter your username and password. The standard login details are admin and 1234, respectively.
- Password and user name must be updated. To continue, click OK. You can modify the user name and password after logging in to your admin panel. Right now, disregard it.